Monday, September 7, 2009

YESSS!

YES!!!!!!!!! *exhale*

I’ve got my supa happy excited face on today.  In fact I’ve had rather a positive week! J  Refused to get sidelined by any headgames re Friday night’s cheat meal (before OR after) despite the inevitable bloat the next day, lol! Saw coach this morning, had a good drop (even a little more off the quad!) and he said I looked close to being where I need to be onstage- cruising it in baby... I hope! No changes to food this week and no high intensity cardio- phew!

 

I was initially wanting to aim for lower skinfolds and would have had enough time to do it, however in honesty- do not have the muscle mass to carry it off L The thought has occurred to me from time to time that I should have waited and trained longer before deciding to compete but each time I remember that I am only competing against myself. Overall, I am happy and satisfied with the effort I have put into preparation so there will be no regrets on the day.

 

So if you are struggling with numbers etc remind yourself like I am that no one knows your weight, body fat, height etc any of that onstage- it is HOW YOU LOOK! (including how you pose and present yourself) Most of the hard work is done, we are nearly there so stop panicking and start getting excited!!


5 comments:

Fifi said...

Don't worry if you don't feel quite ready as far as muscle mass goes. It's going be experience. So, next time, when you have more mass, you won't have those first time nerves etc and you can just strut your stuff!

Doris's BEHAG journey said...

Go Steph.............I am so excited for you. not long to go and how awesome it is for your head to be in the right place! Well done!

Splice said...

Awesome post Steph!!
I'm stoked to hear your on fire.
Debs xxx

Christina said...

Hi! My name is Christina and I just started a blog and while looking through other's blogs came across yours. I am also in prep for a show and just wanted to say I really love your approach. It is so true that we are only competing against ourselves and all we can bring is our best effort. I plan to follow along :)

Raechelle said...

Good for you! Glad you plowed through and came to that excellent conclusion..the numbers don't matter on stage!
Glad you're in such a positive head space!


For incredible info, advice and support- get involved!